Pakistan Administrative Services (PAS) with 25-years experience of working in Punjab and Balochistan provinces, Federal Government and abroad.
FIELD EXPERIENCE: WORKING AT EXECUTION LEVEL(1992 – 2001)
- Worked as Assistant Commissioner in Punjab in various sub-divisions (Taunsa, Kharian, Jhelum), Additional Deputy Commissioner in Narowal and Gujrat and Deputy Commissioner in Balochistan (Mastung & Loralai).
- As AC and DC in respective areas, performed multifarious responsibilities ranging from maintenance of law & order, identification, implementation and monitoring of development projects, revenue collection, disaster management and protocol duties.
- Established district branches of Red Crescent Society in Mastung and Loralai districts and involved educational institutions and NGOs in creating awareness and imparting training about health care, relief work, crisis management and rescue operations.
SECRETARIAT EXPERIENCE: WORKING AT POLICY LEVEL (1992 – 2001)
- Worked as Deputy Secretary in Ministry of Commerce in the Federal Government and dealt with issues related to international trade and export promotion.
- The scope of work included analysis of regulatory framework, issues related to Afghan Transit Trade, bi-lateral and multi-lateral trade negotiations, tariffs and Non-tariff barriers, formulation of trade policy and preparing country-specific and sector-specific reports.
- Assisted WTO Mission of Pakistan in Geneva by conducting analysis of the negotiating proposals submitted in WTO. Helped in revision of Laws related to IPR protection in Pakistan.
DIRECTOR, CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (2004 – 2005)
- Assignment in CDA was Director of Estate Management, who is custodian of the CDA properties. Revised Land Disposal Regulations, compiled CDA Property Manual and computerized the record of properties, making the system transparent.
POSTING IN PAKISTAN EMBASSY, BAHRAIN AS CWA (2006 – 2009)
- Posted in Pakistan Embassy in Bahrain as Community Welfare Counselor. There were about 70 thousand Pakistanis working in Bahrain. Resolved their problems regarding salary disputes, visa issues and repatriation. Established a network of overseas Pakistanis to assist stranded workers.
- Lobbied with other embassies of source countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Philippines and Thailand for review of the policies and regulations of Bahrain to make them worker friendly. Worked with NGOs to improve working and living conditions of workers.
- In addition to official responsibilities, made regular visit to the hospitals, detention centers and labor camps to meet Pakistanis.
D.G, FACILITATION, PUNJAB BOARD OF INVESTMENT (2010 - 2013)
- Punjab Board of Investment and Trade (PBIT) is a corporate body established by the Government of Punjab to work as an investment promotion agency.
- Worked in PBIT as head of Facilitation Department. It was an assignment covering day to day management and long term policy initiatives.
- Performed tasks such as conduct of foreign delegations, arranging investment conferences in Pakistan and abroad, and organized foreign visits of the Chief Minister, Punjab.
- Organized the first business delegation led by the Chief Minister, Punjab to Turkey and organized Pakistan Turkey investment conference in Istanbul. Also organized Pakistan Investment Conference in Dubai headed by the Chief Minister, Punjab.
M.D. TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF PUNJAB (2013 - 2014)
- Introduced new marketing techniques such as publishing of a monthly magazine “Explore Punjab”, revamping website, use of social media, establishing “Backpackers Club” and holding awareness seminars.
- Developed new tourism sites and improved facilities at existing attractions. Feasibilities were prepared for new tourist resorts, Lahore Tourist Bus Service and Eco-tourism resorts.
SECRETARY, ZAKAT & USHR DEPARTMENT, PUNJAB (2014 - 2016)
- Zakat & Ushr Department provides financial assistance to about half a million deserving poor families with an annual budget of Rs. 3.5 billion. As Secretary of the Department, I also work as Chief Administrator of Punjab Zakat Fund.
- E-Governance was introduced in the Department by making disbursement through branchless banking network, launching new web portal, use of social media and computerization of record.
- Financial support for subsistence allowance and marriage grant were doubled to give relief to the poor people.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS FOUNDATION, ISLAMABAD (20TH JULY, 2016 – 13th April, 2018)
- OPF is a public sector corporate body for welfare of overseas Pakistanis. It provides services in areas of housing, education, complaint redressal and health.
- Scholarships are launched for children of overseas Pakistanis and educational standards of OPF schools & colleges was improved.
- Financial discipline and transparency were improved in OPF.
- In Housing sector, stuck projects were completed and possession of land assets worth billions of rupees were retrieved.
- Facilitation and Reintegration Center for returning Pakistanis (FRC) was established in OPF.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
NATIONAL MANAGEMENT COURSE (2014)
Conducted by National School of Public Policy, Lahore, this 20-week course covers the subjects of public policy, strategic planning, administration and economic development.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT COURSE (2009)
Mandatory Training course conducted by National School of Public Policy, Lahore for the middle management level officers.
DIPLOMA IN IPR FROM WIPO WORLDWIDE ACADEMY (2003)
This is an on-line diploma from WIPO Worldwide Academy, Geneva. The subjects covered are IPRs protection regime in different countries, and multi-lateral negotiations.
DIPLOMA IN TRADE POLICY FROM WTO TRAINING INSTITUTE, (2002)
Training in WTO Training Institute located within WTO Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland. Got an opportunity to interact with WTO officials and diplomats.
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (2001)
Major subjects were HR and Management.
M.B.B.S. FROM ALLAMA IQBAL MEDICAL COLLEGE, LAHORE (1986)
After becoming doctor, developed interest in civil service. Took the CSS exam in 1988 and joined District Management Group (DMG).